Sunday 19 August 2018

Ross's Wrestling Ratings: NXT Takeover Brooklyn IV



No spoilers here.

Shoutout to Chew Bubblegum and Kick Ass on Facebook and remember to follow me on Twitter @rossd9711

NXT Tag Team Championship - Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain : ***** 

(A fantastic end to a fantastic trilogy with many callbacks to previous encounters and some great drama)


EC3 vs Velveteen Dream : ***1/4

NXT North American Championship - Adam Cole vs Ricochet : ****1/4

NXT Women's Championship - Shayna Bazler vs Kairi Sane : ****

(The best NXT match so far for both women and the best since the days of Asuka's reign)


NXT Championship Last Man Standing match - Tommaso Ciampa vs Johnny Gargano : *****

(I think I can safely say that this is the match to finally dethrone HHH/Jericho as the best Last Man Standing match ever. A vicious brawl that kept me hooked the whole way through)

For anyone curious I would also rate the other two Takeover matches between Ciampa and Gargano as five stars. 

Overall a must see show and I can't see anything outside of New Japan beating it for the best show of the year.

I'm also working on rating every match in the Jim Neidhart collection on the Network which should be finished soon.

Tune in tomorrow for ratings on Summerslam.

No comments:

Post a Comment